Getting Started with Local Government Contracting
Did you know that more money is spent by local government agencies in the US than by the federal government?
When the term ‘government contracting’ is used, it refers to doing business with any level of government—federal, state, county, city, tribal, etc. This webinar is designed to provide you with an overview of the unique advantages of focusing on local contracting opportunities. This webinar will cover many of the critical aspects needed before you start approaching these government agencies.
Along with this valuable information, we will have Joshua Altieri from the Housing Authority of the City of Alameda (AHA) discuss the following topics from a local public agency perspective:
- Agency Needs
- Get into the “Know”
- Types of Procurement Opportunities
- Procurement process overview
- Application Process overview
- Reviews & Awards
- What exactly is local contracting?
- How to promote yourself to local government agencies
- The importance of past performance and how startup companies can address this
- Being financially sound to support doing business with the government
- The importance of registrations and obtaining the right certifications