Please complete a client intake form to access our services. We will contact you in 3-5 business days to schedule an introduction call.
The Southwest SBTRC provides an array of technical assistance to build the capacity of small and disadvantaged businesses by providing referrals on the following areas:
- Business Development
- Market Research
- Procurement Assistance
- Liaison between Prime Contractors and Sub-Contractors
- Networking and Business-Matchmaking
- Capital/Financial Access
- Surety Bond Assistance
- Disadvantage Business Enterprises (DBE)
Small Business Help
The Southwest SBTRC provides an array of technical assistance to build the capacity of small and disadvantaged businesses.
Eligible Small Businesses
Small businesses eligible for assistance include the following:
- Small business concerns (SB)
- Small Disadvantaged Businesses (SDB) - Firms in the 8(a) Business Development program included
- Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB)
- Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HubZone)
- Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB)
- Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB)
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE)
Check out the following links for state resources where you live:
About the Program
Want to do business with the government but don't know how?
More and more government contracts are requiring DBEs to be prequalified for bonding when submitting a bid on open contracts. Obtaining a bond and responding to bids can be a complicated process--and this is where we can help!
Small Construction Business Development Program
The Small Construction Business Development Program is a series of workshops designed to prepare a cohort of DBEs in the construction industries to increase bonding capacity and learn best practices to compete for government transportation contracts. The program is taught by subject matter experts in bonds, finance, accounting, contract assistance, safety regulations, and more! Participants can obtain a Certificate of Completion from the U.S. Department of Transportation to showcase their readiness. This is a live online and interactive program that is hosted twice a year: once in the spring and once in the fall.
Stay tuned for registration details for our next program in May/June 2023 in California!
- View the past program schedule here: 2022 Fall Schedule
- See if your small business is eligible here: Program Eligibility List
- View the list of past graduates here: Ongoing Graduate List
About the Program
The USDOT Women & Girls In Transportation Initiative (WITI) offers an internship program enabling young women from colleges and universities across the country to participate.
Women & Girls In Transportation Initiative (WITI)
WITI was created to increase the participation of women in the transportation industry and prepare young women to become our nation’s future leaders by creating ladders of opportunity and small business' economic competitiveness through careers, internships, strategic partnerships, and education. Find out more here: Department of Transportation WITI