Fill out the Client Intake Form for access to these services.
The Southwest SBTRC provides an array of technical assistance to build the capacity of small and disadvantaged businesses that include:
- Business Analyses
- Market Research and Procurement Assistance
- General Management & Technical Assistance
- Business Counseling & Coaching
- Regional Planning Committees
- Liaison between Prime Contractors and Sub-Contractors
- Outreach/Conference Participation
- Capital Access and Surety Bond Assistance
Small Business Help
The Southwest SBTRC provides an array of technical assistance to build the capacity of small and disadvantaged businesses.
Eligible Small Businesses
Small businesses eligible for assistance include the following:
- Small business concerns (SB)
- Small Disadvantaged Businesses (SDB) - Firms in the 8(a) Business Development program included
- Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB)
- Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HubZone)
- Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB)
- Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB)
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE)
About the Program
Want to do business with the government but don't know how?
More and more government contracts are requiring DBEs to be prequalified for bonding when submitting a bid on open contracts. Obtaining a bond and responding to bids can be a complicated process--and this is where we can help!
Bonding and Contracting Education Program
The Bonding and Contracting Education Program is a 5-workshop series program designed to prepare a cohort of DBEs in transportation and construction industries to obtain bonds and learn best practices to compete for government bond-related contracts. The program is taught by subject matter experts in bonds, finance, accounting, contract assistance, safety regulations, and more! Participants can obtain a Certificate of Completion from the U.S. Department of Transportation. This is a live online and interactive program that is hosted twice a year: once in the spring and once in the fall.
Registration is now open for the 2021 Fall Program! Register Here
About the Program
The USDOT Women & Girls In Transportation Initiative (WITI) offers an internship program enabling young women from colleges and universities across the country to participate.
Women & Girls In Transportation Initiative (WITI)
WITI was created to increase the participation of women in the transportation industry and prepare young women to become our nation’s future leaders by creating ladders of opportunity and small business' economic competitiveness through careers, internships, strategic partnerships, and education. Find out more here: Department of Transportation WITI